Eden protocol: Leveraging AI for better project/person matches - R5

Proposal in one sentence:

Eden utilizes ML techniques to analyze personal and project profiles to find the best match based on skills, interests, previous experiences, on-chain endorsements, (social) interactions and availability.

Description of the project and what problem is it solving:

Today, in DAOs, many great opportunities remain buried beneath overwhelming discord channels, outdated notion tables, DM’s, and a multitude of calls amongst only a handful of the most dedicated people - making it a hassle for DAO members to find opportunities to learn, earn, contribute or connect. The harder it is for members to find people & opportunities to contribute, the harder it is for the DAO to engage & retain talent, the less likely the DAO will be able to succeed in its mission, as the people are the DAO.

We’re solving this problem by making it frictionless & hyper-relevant to find the right opportunities through a high-quality project/person matching assistant, called “Eden” (fka as Soil in Developer_DAO). As people find & engage in relevant projects with ease, the DAO becomes healthier, more effective & long term (economically) viable.

Eden utilizes ML techniques to analyze personal and project profiles to find the best match based on skills, interests, previous experiences, on-chain endorsements, (social) interactions and availability. To benefit from Eden, community members set up their profile through an onboarding process, either with community manager or async. New, third option, is being shipped with the current iteration allowing users to dynamically fill out their profile as they go around Eden exploring opportunities. What makes Eden special, is the ability to participate in community driven, on-chain, progressive profiling: this means that relevancy markers such as endorsements are being added to your profile by the community all the time. Leveraging skin in the game mechanics, data is peer reviewed which ensures the data, such as endorsements, is trustworthy and has meaning. On the project side it looks quite similar. Project Champions are guided through a project onboarding process that makes sure data is qualitative. This information is then used to match the right people with the right projects.

Past achievements R4:

We’ve successfully applied to our first grant with Algovera last month and we’ve got to work on our branding and the website. With combined effort we’ve created this beauty https://www.edenprotocol.xyz/.

Website aside, we’ve also had a chance to think through our social media strategy and launched our twitter account, give us a follow (https://twitter.com/edenprotocolxyz). Now, since over the past iteration we’ve concentrated on building onboarding flow and skill percentage match, we’d be glad to invite Algovera community on a special event - showcasing Eden technology to seamlessly match people with similar skills from different communities for a speed mentorship session. This event is aimed to strengthen collaboration between Algovera, Eden & DeveloperDAO and create positive network connections between contributors. Details are coming soon, stay tuned!

Grant Deliverables R5:

1. Draft of the data strategy (why, how, what, where and whose data are we storing & consuming? What are our core data (governance) principles? How will we bake in security? How can we adhere to the “protocol” mentality? + answers to additional questions that arise from consultancy sessions,…)
  2. Define v1 of data architecture ( what concrete data stack, schemas, pipelines & data capture mechanisms does the strategy translate to?)

Squad

We’ve grown in number over the past month and are lucky to have an amazing team of 30 core contributors mainly from the Developer_DAO. For the sake of brevity, we’re mentioning the two founders & project leads relevant to this application + overview of all contributors and their roles.
Also, it’s important to mention one of our earliest contributors @WiseTy has recently joined Algovera as a Community Manager and he’s doing an amazing job in Eden, DeveloperDAO and Algovera!

BluePanda#5982
Miltiadis Saratzidis
Tech Lead
CTO, relevant Fullstack, Blockchain & ML experience
Background: BS CS, Masters ML, PhD Deep Learning; Tech lead role in major corporations; CTO in fintech company; Web3 founder & active DAO contributor;
co-founder at FInseka.pl

impactbilli#8647
Tom Husson
Product Lead
Background: BS CS, CEO & founder of digital innovation consultancy; Podcast host; Web3 founder & active DAO contributor;
Founder at Humain.ai

Milo#7738
Lolita Mileta
UI designer | Community Facilitation | Research
Background: BS in Political Science & International Relations, PM Scrum Master in Sabre Corporation; UI designer; Outreach, community management

wiseTy#8689
Tyrone Dunmore
Backend | Product
Upcoming CS graduate @ The University of DC; Community Manager @ Developer DAO; Backend & Product @ Eden

waxy#0208
Eric
Blockchain Dev / FE
Previous: BA in music performance, Audio Engineer for 20 yrs, Production Manager for 8 yrs, General Manager for 2 yrs - all in the live events industry 20 yrs total (double duty)
Current: YouTube Grad, 2.5ish yrs of full stack web dev., I just build

eloigil#4894
Eloi Gil Peiró
Full Stack Developer
Industrial Design Engineering Graduate; Web Dev Teacher; Fullstack Dev @ European Commission project & Telecom company & Branding consultancy

busayo#4524 | Research & Collaboration
exwhyzee.eth#1234 | UX/UI
sbelka.eth#3367 | Frontend developer
Moiz#7516 | Solidity Developer
Aayush Gupta#7870 | Blockchain Developer
Miral#6517 | Frontend Developer
jengajojo.eth#5896 Research & Outreach
Tricelex#0703 | Blockchain Dev
Alex1237#2487 | Bot Wizard
Jonas :belgium:#9678 |UX/UI
Faina_Ivanovna#5781 | Grant Strategy | Wordcrafter
geniusyinka#0001 | Frontend dev
xpriment626#2365 | Outreach
zorooroo#8490 | Frontend
DKH#3576 | Frontend
Sam Hawkz#6048 | Frontend
Liquid#6452 | Product Manager
meowy#0476 | Product Manager
limitlessv#4452 | Backend

5 Likes

I have a background in governance and project management in DAOs since 2021 and I have been working with Eden since last month! I love the energy and enthusiasm of the team. The project is supported by many groups such as OceanDAO and DeveloperDAO and we have a gitcoin grants app live as well 💰 Eden Protocol | Grants | Gitcoin

Looking forward to a positive decision from Algovera community as well

3 Likes

During the signup process Algovera offers an option to use https://intros.ai/ and I’ve been receiving some emails from that service. I tried to setup a couple of meetings but it did not happen. I’m unsure why but I guess the other person was not interested. Is what you are building similar to intros.ai? Could Algovera replace intros.ai with your system? Perhaps there are other systems like this available, it would be interesting to know what differentiates your approach.

1 Like

hey Everybody!
Just posted a video with our deliverables for Round 4 & Round 5, do check it out🥳

3 Likes

Hey @Mark sorry for the late reply! I’ve had experience with Intros @ Algovera and the thing is, it’s one time & surface level. What we do in Eden is a way deeper communication with the user + dynamic profiling that allows you to use our platform to match with people & opportunities. Eden gives you a percentage match and all the means for you to proceed and take an action, rather just being an ‘information’.
Would love to give you a demo & we’re also looking for people to do user tesitng with, so if you have half an hour do let me know😄

Hi Milo, I’m not sure what you mean by “one time”. Intros does propose regular matches. Maybe you mean that the user’s preferences are established once? What does “deeper communication” mean, is there something like a chat bot? Intros proposes meeting times and proposes to send a meeting request so it is more than just informing about a match. Would you consider Eden to be in the space of Cooperative AI or Collaborative AI or maybe both/neither ? I’m interested in Cooperative AI at the moment. Thanks, Mark.