Name of Project: Curate and Chat POC - Community Powered Discord-to-Knowledge Base Curation Module
Proposal in one sentence: Community-powered Discord curation module that can feed content into databases like Notion and Airtable, enabling interfacing with existing Algovera AI modules, such as Q&A chatbots or chatbots over knowledge bases.
Description of the project and what problem it is solving: A community communication channel is a hard thing to manage and navigate. Especially in Discord, it is very hard to follow all the activity across different channels, threads, and forums. Also, it is hard to navigate a community’s knowledge base. We have a running Beta of an open-source curation module in usage on the CSm (Common Sensemakers) Discord server and on the TEC (Token Engineering Commons) Discord server. The curation module connects Discord to Airtable, it enables members of the community to mark and vote on Discord content, which is routed to Airtable views serving various applications - add to a community knowledge garden, add an event to a shared calendar, manage a shared Twitter account and more. Making the content available and discoverable by the community is a desirable next step. With the funds of this grant, we will integrate our product with Notion and incorporate it with the Algovera “Notion to GPT-3” workflow to:
- Allow the community to decide on relevant content to be stored in the knowledge base. This will enable the creation of a chatbot more representative of the community’s interests.
- Allow the community to curate frequently asked Q&A from Discord channels, to improve the chatbot’s Q&A ability.
In this way, we will give tools and empower the community to mark important content, make it accessible, increase discoverability, and improve wayfinding. Additionally, we will add precision to the chatbot by focusing on content that is important to the community.
- A module that feeds curated Discord messages into a Notion database:
- Define a threshold on a pre-defined reaction (emojis on Discord message).
- Monitor Discord messages where the defined reaction count passes the threshold.
- Add these to a Notion database in a predefined format:
- Message content
- Message author
- Message score
- Reactions on message
- Scraped URL
- Conversation thread
- Running POC on the CSm server and potentially on the TEC server.
- Producing a POC with documentation and infrastructure to enable any community to onboard the service.
- Create an infrastructure for adding the workflow into Algovera’s AI workflows in the next phases.
- Shahar Oriel (Sha#6179, @ShaRefOh)
- Rochdi Khalid (rochdikhalid#7903)
- Ronen Tamari (ronent#2267, @rtk254)