Proposal: Conneting researchers in DeSci with each other

Name of Project: SciConnect

Proposal in one sentence: SciConnnect aims to create a platform for the DeSci community to find reseachers with similar interest and fields to connect with which in turn will boost scientific collaboration and other opportunities in web3 space.

Description of the project and what problem it is solving:

The popularity of DeSci is increasing everyday. With several DeSci DAOs helping researchers in several aspects of their scientific journey, more and more reseachers as well as non researchers interested in DeSci are joining the space to learn and thrive. As the ecosystem grows, it becomes more difficult to find those with similar interests particularly for someone new who has just started exploring the space.The DeSci community can truly leverage its potential if the researchers could find other researchers working in or interested in similar fields/project/ideas.

SciConnect aims to achieve this by using Machine Learning models to create a recommendation engine which would suggest the DeSci members based on your profile. This would not only help researchers to connect to one another to collaborate but also help them to find the sources of funding, connect with potential students. This would also help independent researchers find an ecosystem to explore opportunities and connections which would otherwise not be possible in traditional web2 space.

Grant Deliverables:

• Collect the relevant data from DeSci DAOs
  • Finalize the requirements and the parameters used in the ML model
  • Create a recommendation engine

Spread the Love

I am a member of Developer DAO and also a part of DeSi space since almost a year now.

Squad

Squad Lead: Akshata

• Twitter handle: AkshataM16

• discord handle: akshata#6695

1 Like

Just an idea: there could be a ‘virtual DAO’, a (huge) public database of scholars that have published worked (with a governance system for them to opt-out, curate the data, etc).

1 Like

That’s exactly on the lines of what I was thinking the future of this project would look like

cool idea! how are you going to collect and most importantly update data? I like @orpheus idea about setting up a DAO to curate it

I’m working on a platform to upload research papers and preprints. One needs to login using their ORCID ID and upload research papers/preprints as open access. That would be one way to collect the data. The other project which is planned to be started soon is creating a social platform for scientists using lens protocol which will also have record of the research papers they have uploaded plus a few more options which will be included after careful thoughts.

Maybe something like https://www.curatedao.xyz/ could prove useful.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! This seems to serve the purpose. Will check how this could be used for the project