Project Themistoklis - a project by artificialLeap
What is Project Themistoklis ?
Building the Future of Drone2Data To Fight Climate Change and Food Security
Mapping real-world maps made easy
Climate Change is perhaps the biggest threat facing humanity today. Climate Change creates a drier and hotter climate leading to wildfires that could further accelerate Climate Change. This forms a perfect positive feedback loop that could shrink our time to address the looming climate crisis. An early fire detection system aimed at detecting fire in the most inaccessible areas could be an important tool in this battle against climate change. Project Themistoklis aims to make it easy for anyone to map the real world using drones that could form the basis for many climate solutions.
We aim to use drones to capture the real world using cameras and other sensors. The captured data can be used to detect wildfire, survey biodiversity, monitor forest health, and provide valuable information that was once inaccessible. This drone2data tech stack we are developing will be as important in addressing food security when deployed at farms as it will be in addressing climate change.
What we have built:
- Fire detection model with YoloV5 and a web server to handle requests.
- Real-time UDP connection between the Client and the World Server
- Ocean Protocol automatic uploader through unity - More Information
- Base Drone Model
- Base Unity connectors
Deliverables for this round:
For this round we are building the UI in reactJS as it is more lightweight and runs better than simple Unity Apps
- Create the ReactJS app and the base UI
- Add TCP connection to the core server
- Add Web Request sender to the server, when there is a disconnection, to re-establish the TCP connection
- Add login system and user based prefferences that will saved in each account
- Add save login, add PIN login (assossiate pin with device id and account)